Our services include:
Halstead Associates are based in North London in the UK.
For further information please call us on 020 8445 7721
The Quantity Surveyor, together with the Project Manager, is a key member of the development and construction team; the essential link between the Client, specialists and the contractor.
We manage all costs relating to building projects, from the initial Cost Estimates to the Final Account. We seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
We provide our Clients with specialised cost advice to give them confidence in the viability and profitability of their projects, including:
- Preliminary cost advice, cost estimates and cost planning.
- Advice on procurement route and type of contract.
- Advice on obtaining tenders.
- Preparation of tender documents.
- Tender analysis and recommendation.
- Negotiating with contractors.
- Preparation of contract documents.
- Post contract cost control.
- Advice on value engineering.
- Preparation of valuations.
- Preparation of financial statements and work in progress
- Settlement of Final Accounts.
- Preparation of fire insurance valuations.
Depending on the procurement route selected, the QS would also undertake the duties of Employers Agent/Contract Administrator.
When undertaking the role of EA/CA we work closely with the Client to best understand their “Employer Requirements” and manage this throughout the course of the project to ensure the build complies.
We will also be responsible for issuing any necessary instructions/certificates.
In the event that any claims arise, we will also be responsible for dealing with matters to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
Overall, as part of this role, we work to ensure the contract is administered in the most economic and professional manner to best protect all parties.